When the fog rolls in and we’re feeling out of touch, anxious, attached, drifty or reactive…it’s time to take a pause and reset our rhythm to presence.
Integrating new ways to wiggle out from under the negative weight of past regrets, guilt, resentments…and beam back from the unnecessary worries and assumptions of tomorrow, allows us to build the muscle of healthy pattern interruptions–an essential component to conscious choice-making and wellbeing.
The quicker we “catch and zap” the distance caused by lack of presence, the easier it is to transition–and remain–in the NOW with balance, clarity, and rhythm.
The future depends on what you do today. –Mahatma Gandhi
Tools for guiding you back into your groove:
- MEDITATION–the mother of all tools and THE ROYAL PATH TO PRESENCE. It’s the gift that keeps on giving and if you don’t have an established practice, there’s no better time than the present! (Yep, I went there…)
Find a space, take a digital pause, get comfortable, and softly close your eyes. Begin to follow the inflow and outflow of your breath. Take notice of how your breath sets the pace as your mind and body follow it’s lead. If you become distracted with thoughts of the past or future–no worries…that’s a part of the process–gently guide your way back to the presence of breath.
5-10 minutes upon waking to set the tone for the day
5 minutes in the afternoon to reset & revive
5-10 minutes in the evening to close out your day
- ROLL WITH THE CIRCADIAN RHYTHM…with awareness. Create a nourishing daily routine and actually exist and commit to it. Establish “check-in” moments–morning, afternoon and evening–that bring you back into the now. Avoid over doing it by setting unrealistic intentions, especially if it’s a busy time in your life right now. If your juggling, keep them short and sweet (5 min), but commit to mini multiples (min 3x a day). If you have the space, then by all means take your time and relish in your newfound nourishment of presence. The key is to not overextend by setting unrealistic expectations.
5-10 minutes of morning stillness–meditation, garden tea time, beautiful (soft) music
Eat lunch solo (in silence) while tapping into your senses–embracing awareness
Take a sunset stroll or give yourself an evening foot massage before bed
- THINK OUTSIDE OF THE BOX. Move beyond the stagnant mind energy that is no longer serving you and zone in to new ways of thinking. Fresh perspectives organically enhance our life story and keep us flexibly rooted in open-minded detachment–the foundation that supports our intentions and desires. Meditation is the power tool for mind building and creative solutions.
- SIMPLIFY YOUR LIFE. Remove the clutter and float in and with the present. The more minimal you exist, the less distractions. Do your best to release any self-adhered labels or possessions that tether you to non-nourishing memory attachments that narrow your view point and magnify limiting beliefs. Let go…one attachment at a time. Lighten up and create the space for spontaneous living. Spring clean year round–physically and emotionally.
- REMOVE THE WASTE OF WORRY. Worry is an energy leak that sucks the presence right out of life. It’s a waste of time and an act of control. Do your best to loosen the reigns and trust in whatever outcome falls at your feet. If the very thought of letting go cranks up the worry knob for you, then set a small intention to try it out for a morning or a day, then a weekend…and slowly build from there.
- OPEN EACH DAY WITH GRATITUDE AND APPRECIATION. No matter how big or small, this simple nod of easily forgotten heart-acknowledgment holds immense power. It overshadows the negative and elevates the positive and the act of declaration feels good.
- LAUGH AND CELEBRATE…OFTEN. Nothing brings you into the present like a good, hard belly laugh! It dynamically invites the force of present moment energy. When we’re having a good laugh, we’re in the eye of the vortex in uplifting exchange. We’re not thinking about the future or slipping into the past…we’re dialed into the NOW and loving every tickle of it.
And not only does it a feel great, but it’s good natural medicine. Laughter softens the sympathetic nervous system (inner peace), frees negative emotions and energies through spontaneous emotional release (heart opening), increases respiratory breath and oxygen consumption (vital force power), boosts immunity, and increases DHEA levels (anti-aging). Nice!
- BE KIND AND TENDER…with yourself and others. Compassion, patience, service, lending an ear or a shoulder to cry on…all appreciated and all contagious.
Set up at RHYTHM SESSION and work with me!
Be well. Live free. Love hard. Rock on!